After racking up over 100 stolen bases in 2012 and posting an OBP above .400 in 2013, expectations were high for Delino Deshields coming into the season. Unfortunately, a .236/.340/.341 triple slash line has fallen short of expectations in Double-A Corpus Christi. With a drop in power production and increased strikeout rate, is this season an indication of things to come for the Houston Astros farmhand? Or, will he adjust to the level similar to his time in Lexington?
The San Diego Padres have had a rough 2014 with few players performing above replacement level. In Double-A, the recently-turned 23-year old Rymer Liriano had 14 home runs and 17 stolen bases with the San Antonio Missions before a promotion. With the Padres floundering and the top-100 prospect regaining his form after missing all of 2013 with an injury, how long will San Diego be able to keep him in the minor leagues?
The Texas Rangers pitching staff has been decimated by injuries this year with Derek Holland, Matt Harrison, Martin Perez, Tanner Scheppers and Joe Saunders all missing significant portions of the year. The struggles of Colby Lewis, Robbie Ross Jr., and Scott Baker haven’t helped. With Luke Jackson dominating his competition at Double-A Frisco, how much longer will it be before he is ready for big-league action?
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?