Daily Fantasy Baseball Diamonds: 3/31/14
Today’s daily fantasy baseball diamonds include a pitcher and two infielders who enter Monday with bargain basement valuations. Each day, ROTOscouting will provide a trio of players to target using FanDuel’s price list. The goal is to do the bargain basement shopping for readers, allowing them to round out the roster with star caliber players.
Jorge De La Rosa, SP, Rockies
De La Rosa was the cheapest starting pitcher listed, coming in at a paltry $5,100. Yes, his per game averages in 2013 were poor, but the Marlins are terrible and their park is great for suppressing power. Plus, De La Rosa being left-handed is a huge advantage as Marlins “power” hitters Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Garrett Jones are righty mashers. If he pitches around Giancarlo Stanton, De La Rosa has the ability to pitch a gem and earn his place as a daily fantasy baseball diamond.
Dan Uggla, 2B, Braves
Uggla has four things going for him tomorrow when he takes the field against the Milwaukee Brewers. First, Miller Park is the fifth easiest baseball stadium to hit home runs in. Next, Yovani Gallardo was a shell of his former self in 2013. Uggla was terrible in 2013, but he did bat .235/.365/.485 away versus right-handed pitchers. At $2,900, he’s a sneaky play who has a good chance of running into a fastball or two today.
J.J. Hardy, SS, Orioles
At $3,300, Hardy enters Monday at a better daily fantasy baseball price than Starlin Castro and Andrelton Simmons, two shortstops who didn’t post .300 OBP’s last season. Meanwhile, Hardy slugged .282/.347/.553 at home against left-handed pitchers last season. With Camden Yards being the fourth friendliest park to his home runs in, he’ll handle Jon Lester today.
Finding Daily Fantasy Baseball Value
Throughout the 2014 season, we’ll use statistics such as park factors, splits, opposing pitchers and more to identify the best values for ROTOscouting subscribers each day. Enjoy the series!
31 Mar 2014 / Mike Newman /
Categories: Daily Fantasy Baseball
Tags: Daily Fantasy Baseball
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?