Daily Fantasy Baseball Diamonds: 4/21/14
Last week, I traveled about 1,000 miles to scout minor league baseball prospects. It was fun, but poor Internet service, combined with many hours away from a computer made daily picks impossible. Now back in Atlanta, a light travel week means a full slate of daily fantasy baseball diamonds for readers to enjoy! Today’s picks include a quartet of slumping MLB All-Stars with breakout worth match ups. Barring an overnight scouting trip, look for my daily picks every Monday through Friday only at ROTOscouting.
Martin Prado, 3B, Diamondbacks ($2,800)
In 2013, Prado was 46% better than league average away versus LHP. Today, he’ll face Travis Wood and his 4.66 xFIP at home in 2013. With Wrigley Field being one of the friendliest parks in MLB, look for the Diamondbacks third baseman to have a big Monday in daily fantasy baseball.
Ian Desmond, SS, Nationals ($3,100)
Today, Ian Desmond faces Garrett Richards and his career xFIP of four-plus on the road. Washington is in the top-10 for friendliest run scoring ballparks and the Nationals shortstop was 52% better than league average at home versus RHP in 2013.
Dustin Pedroia, 2B, Red Sox ($3,100)
Off to a slow start, Pedroia’s price tag has dropped from opening day. At home versus LHP, his 2013 production was at 83% above league average. Combine this with Wei-Yin Chen and his career 4.46 xFIP away from home and the Red Sox second baseman should have a productive day. He’s my top daily fantasy baseball value today.
Buster Posey, C, Giants ($3,100)
Against LHP at home in 2013, Posey produced at 70% above league average. Today’s draw of Jorge De La Rosa isn’t ideal (3.70 xFIP away in 2013), but strong catcher match ups were tough to come by today. In daily fantasy baseball, I’m happy to take one of the game’s elite at a bargain basement price.
All-Stars At A Discount In Daily Fantasy Baseball
Today, my lineup is chock full of All-Stars who are off to slow starts. Being the type of player who’s happy betting on breakout performances by stars over riding the hot hand, my daily fantasy baseball strategy is about to kick into high gear. Hopefully, a few 1st place finishes will follow!
21 Apr 2014 / Mike Newman / 1
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?