Daily Fantasy Baseball Diamonds: 4/22/14
Monday night, Dustin Pedroia and Ian Desmond produced as daily fantasy baseball diamonds. Buster Posey and Martin Prado did not, but it’s tough to bat a thousand when digging deep for bargain basement plays. Today, we’ll discuss four more players with strong situational splits and excellent opposing pitcher match ups including a full outfield and under performing back stop. Monday through Friday, I’ll share my favorite picks of the day. Subscribe to ROTOscouting now and let’s win together!
Hunter Pence, OF, Giants ($3,100)
With a career xFIP of 5.06 at home, Franklin Morales is a tremendous match up for Hunter Pence. In 2013, the Giants outfielder was 69% better than league average on the road against LHP. Pence is struggling mightily to begin the year, but an opposing pitcher like Morales presents a real opportunity to begin a hot streak.
Jayson Werth, OF, Nationals ($3,100)
In 2013, Werth was 99% better than league average at home versus left-handed pitchers. Opposing pitcher Tyler Skaggs is off to a decent start, but a career xFIP of 3.60 on the road is not a deterrent. With Washington being a strong run scoring environment, the young left-hander will run into trouble today, and I trust Werth will be doing the damage in daily fantasy baseball.
Buster Posey, C, Giants ($3,200)
Yesterday, I recommended Posey as a solid play, but he fell flat on his face. Bummer! Today, he also faces Franklin Morales and his sky high situation xFIP. In a down 2013, Posey had a situation wRC+ of 70% better than league average. In baseball’s friendliest run scoring environment, rolling the dice again is a no brainer.
Colby Rasmus, OF, Blue Jays ($3,200)
Rasmus’ home park is a hitter’s haven and he makes a living pummeling right-handed pitchers at home. Enter Miguel Gonzalez and his situational xFIP of 4.63 on the road in 2013. With a situational wRC+ of 157, expect a big day from Rasmus in daily fantasy baseball.
Waiting For Stars To Rebound In Daily Fantasy Baseball
At first glance, it appears I’m starting eight All-Stars today including multiple Most Valuable Players. My hope is the cream rises — hopefully on the same night, allowing team ROTOscouting to win BIG!
22 Apr 2014 / Mike Newman /
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?