Daily Fantasy Baseball Diamonds: 4/8/14
Rain outs allowed me to carry over a couple of top picks from yesterday’s daily fantasy baseball diamonds. Not fun, but it makes today’s picks a little easier. Other targets for today include a catcher with ridiculous numbers at home versus LHP. Monday-Friday, ROTOscouting will do the research and recommend players to target using FanDuel’s price list. The goal is to do the bargain basement shopping for readers, allowing them to round out the roster with star caliber players.
Corey Kluber, SP, Cleveland Indians
At $6,000, Kluber is a tremendous play in daily fantasy baseball today. For starters, his home park ranked 23rd in 2013 in terms of runs scored. Meanwhile, the Padres were the 29th ranked offensive team against RHP in 2013 (16th on the road overall). Add Kluber’s 3.10 xFIP at home last season and it’s the best pitcher match up of the day.
Dioner Navarro, C, Toronto Blue Jays
Today, Navarro Astros Brett Oberholtzer, a pitcher with a career xFIP of 4.10 on the road. Against left-handed hitters at home, the catcher posted a wRC+ of 266 — simply amazing. Yes, he’s no longer in the friendly confines of Wrigley Field, but Toronto is still the fourth best park for runs scored.
First Base Dilemma Today In Daily Fantasy Baseball
Ryan Howard, 1B, Philadelphia Phillies
Howard has become a laughingstock due to his hefty contract and declining numbers. However, he did post a .393/.453/.790 triple slash line at home versus RHP last season. Opposing starter Kyle Lohse had a 4.18 xFIP on the road and Philadelphia was the 6th best park in terms of runs scored last season. At $3,300, he’s an excellent value in daily fantasy baseball today.
Paul Konerko, 1B, Chicago White Sox
Konerko is a tough play due to his tentative lineup situation and later start time. However, he’d draw Franklin Morales and his career 5.03 xFIP at home. Away versus LHP, Konerko had a wRC+ of 202 in 2013. And at a paltry $2,200, the return on investment in daily fantasy baseball might be huge.
8 Apr 2014 / Mike Newman /
Tags: Daily Fantasy Baseball
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?