Daily Fantasy Baseball Diamonds: 4/9/14
Today is a tough day for pitchers in daily fantasy baseball. One pitcher, Jordan Zimmermann is valued above the rest and is clearly the best play today. To own him means skimping at other positions, hoping to catch lightning in a bottle. Today’s targets include a catcher, first baseman and two outfielders with price tags less than $3,000 with strong situational stats and weak opposing pitchers. Monday-Friday, ROTOscouting will do the research and recommend players to target using FanDuel’s price list. The goal is to do the bargain basement shopping for readers, allowing them to round out the roster with star caliber players.
Dioner Navarro, C, Toronto Blue Jays
Daily fantasy baseball owners who used us yesterday scored with Navarro. He’s not quite as strong a play today, but he was still 45% better than league average at home versus RHP in 2013. Opposing pitcher Lucas Harrell struggled to a 5.46 xFIP on the road last season, meaning Navarro will have ample opportunity to rake. And at $2,500, there’s not a better catcher play today.
James Loney, 1B, Tampa Bay Rays
Loney has exaggerated home/road splits. In 2013, he was 58% better than league average against RHP on the road. Today, he’ll face Jeremy Guthrie and his 4.79 xFIP at home last season. At a price tag of just $2,300, he’s an excellent play in daily fantasy baseball today for those owners throwing Zimmermann.
Cheap Outfielders In Daily Fantasy Baseball
Junior Lake, OF, Chicago Cubs
Small sample size alert, but Junior Lake’s career wRC+ of 189 versus LHP at home is outstanding. At $2,700, there’s not a better situational outfield play today. Wandy Rodriguez had a 3.91 xFIP on the road last season, but Wrigley Field is the second best run scoring environment in baseball.
Colby Rasmus, OF, Toronto Blue Jays
Rasmus is off to a slow start, but should benefit from today’s match up against Lucas Harrell. In 2013, Rasmus was 57% better than league average at home versus RHP. If there was ever a game for him to break out in a big way, today is it. Add him to your daily fantasy baseball lineup with confidence.
9 Apr 2014 / Mike Newman /
Tags: Daily Fantasy Baseball
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?