Daily Fantasy Baseball Diamonds: 5/6/14
Today, we’ll feature an abbreviated Daily Fantasy Baseball Diamonds. Why? Because I’m cramming my lineup full of big boppers tonight and going for tournament glory. Yesterday, ROTOscouting squeaked out five, 50/50 cashes on the back of the great Alcides Escobar, a diamond here yesterday. His six-plus point effort put it over the top. Read diamonds Monday through Friday and use them to supplement a team of stars. For less than $1 per week, I’ll do all the dirty work and spend 1.5-2 hours per day finding the best possible values.
Robbie Ray, P, Detroit Tigers ($3,000)
What better way to start a MLB career than to pitch at home against the Houston? In daily fantasy baseball, I’m going all or nothing with Ray, hoping his command and a weak Astros lineup allows him to have a strong debut. As of today, the Astros have scored 39 runs on the road in 13 games. And against left-handed pitchers, Houston has mustered a .657 OPS, good for 25th in baseball. Against Brett Oberholtzer, I’d be thrilled with a six inning, three earned run performance with five strikeouts if the win comes with it.
Chris Johnson, 3B, Atlanta Braves ($2,200)
Johnson is so cheap in daily fantasy baseball, I thought it was a typo. In 2013, the Braves third baseman posted a wRC+ of 169 at home versus left-handed pitching. Today, he bats cleanup against a solid, but unspectacular Tyler Lyons. I’ll take it! With a career xFIP in the 3.7’s on the road, the left-hander doesn’t inspire fear.
Jarrod Saltalamacchia, C, Miami Marlins ($3,300)
Short on diamonds, “Salty” deserves a mention given his match up against a struggling Bartolo Colon and a wRC+ above 200 at home against RHP. In daily fantasy baseball, he’s becoming a must play catcher at home in these situations — especially when the pitcher is weak sauce.
Going For Broke In Daily Fantasy Baseball
6 May 2014 / Mike Newman /
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?