Daily Fantasy Baseball Diamonds: 5/8/14
Last night, ROTOscouting’s daily fantasy baseball diamonds combined for 18.16 points at a cost of $15,500. Unfortunately, my stacking of Angels hitters against the
terribleawesome Vidal Nuno backfired and Howie Kendrick, Albert Pujols and Mike Trout sealed my fate. It happens. At least the diamonds hit — including Derek Jeter who hit his first home run of the 2014 season. Today, we’re digging deep f0r a quartet of players with excellent match ups including a sleeper pitcher capable of posting big points.
Ian Kennedy, P, Padres ($6,900)
The Marlins are a hot offensive team, but do subscribers know the fish are last in MLB in runs scored on the road? Today, Ian Kennedy and his xFIP of 2.91 at home faces Jacob Turner and his 9.90 (not a typo) ERA. In daily fantasy baseball, it’s a solid, inexpensive match up for subscribers to exploit, allowing an extra star or two throughout the rest of the lineup.
Carl Crawford, OF, Dodgers ($2,600)
Crawford wasn’t very good in 2013, but his wRC+ of 141 was. At this point, he’s strictly a play against RHP and draws Ryan Vogelsong, a pitcher who posted an xFIP of 4.59 on the road. Expect a productive day from the former All-Star at a bargain basement price.
Michael Choice, OF, Rangers ($2,700)
Choice is receiving #2 hole love and has a 111 wRC+ against LHP this season including much better production at home. Franklin Morales is a pitcher I pick on in daily fantasy baseball and today is no exception. With a xFIP of 4.38 on the road in 2013 and so-so numbers against RHH this season, I’ll take another crack at Morales.
Yasmani Grandal, C, Padres ($3,100)
Grandal draws a strong match up at home, where he has posted a wRC+ of 128 in his career. In daily fantasy baseball, I’ll take it on a night where catching match ups are so-so. In 2014, RHH are crushing Turner making me wonder if it would be better for him to bat right-handed tonight.
Playing The Late Games In Daily Fantasy Baseball
Today, I’m scouting a 10:30 am game between Braves and Yankees prospects. This means I won’t be around to set lineups for the early games. Because I play my own daily fantasy baseball diamonds, it made sense to focus on the late match ups tonight.
8 May 2014 / Mike Newman /
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?