Memorial Day 2014: An Offer To Veterans
The diamond in my wife’s engagement ring is a family heirloom from World War II. Her Grandfather, fighting in North Africa, shipped it back to the United States in a coffee can before fighting all the way to Berlin. On Memorial Day 2014, and many other days, I look at the ring and am reminded of its history. In the future, it will be passed down through generations of Newman’s and they’ll learn about the sacrifice my Grandfather-in-law, and other Americans who serve make on a daily basis.
On my side of the family, my father, uncle and cousin who passed away in a motorcycle accident in his early twenties were Navy men. Even today, it’s difficult for me to envision dad on the deck of an Aircraft Carrier no matter how hard I try. Regardless, he spent four years serving his country and Memorial Day 2014 will be an opportunity to thank him.
In Savannah, I taught with many military wives in a time of war since two bases were within 45-minutes of the school. I’ll never forget one whose husband was a helicopter mechanic stationed in Iraq. Each night, she put the kids to bed alone and stood by the window until 10:00 PM. Ten was the cut off for killed in action notices to be delivered.
This Memorial Day 2014, ROTOscouting is honored to offer every veteran, currently enlisted or not, a complementary subscription to our site through July 4th, 2014. It’s a no-brainer for any veteran who enjoys quality baseball writing and a token of thanks from the ROTOscouting family.
How To Receive ROTOscouting’s Memorial Day 2014 Offer
To request this offer, simply email mike.newman (at) ROTOscouting.com and let me know what branch of the military you served, or currently serve. We’ll use the honor system since serving the country is all about honor in the first place. I’ll create the accounts as quickly as possible. Absolutely no payment information is required for this Memorial Day 2014 offer. I’ll accept emails today through 11:59 pm on May 26th.
25 May 2014 / Mike Newman /
Categories: Everything Else
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?