Akeem Bostick is the next in a long line of top Rangers prospects with elite athleticism.Texas Rangers pitching prospect Akeem Bostick has hit a rough patch navigating his first full season of professional ball. Entering last week with a 3.47 ERA, the Hickory Crawdads pitcher saw it skyrocket to 4.92 after two uneven performances. Against Lexington, the young right-hander recorded only five outs, allowing ten of the fifteen batters he faced to reach base. At Rome, they battered him for seven runs in four and a third innings. The Rangers drafted Bostick knowing he was raw and projectable. After a successful debut, observers expected domination. It hasn’t happened. Are Bostick’s struggles a product of his being a diamond in the rough? Or, we he an overdraft in the second round of the 2013 draft?
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?