An early season match-up between the Marlins and Braves saw a Major League-record for total strikeouts without a walk (28) and helped to launch our Solo Home Run Situations study. Miami ace Jose Fernandez struck out 14 in eight innings, while his counterpart, Alex Wood, whiffed 11. Though Fernandez succumbed to Tommy John surgery less than a month later, Wood logged 171.2 innings and 2.5 WAR in his first full season in the bigs. The young lefty possesses the stuff and the stats of a budding ace, but are his notorious mechanics ready for 200 innings?
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?