Everything Billy Beane touches turns to gold, or so the baseball world thought until the Athletics went into a September tailspin. Nearly missing the playoffs, Oakland limped into the one game playoff against the Royals with their hired assassin Jon Lester on the mound. He allowed six earned runs in a pedestrian performance. Later, Jason Hammel (another hired hand) surrendered the game winning hit. Meanwhile, Adam Dunn didn’t play, Jonny Gomes couldn’t catch up to Eric Hosmer’s 12th inning triple and Jeff Samardzija was unavailable after throwing seven innings on September 27th. After gutting the farm system to win it all, how does Oakland and its 27th ranked MLB payroll move forward?
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?