Chicago Cubs pitching prospect CJ Edwards is an unlikely prospect. Selected in the 48th round by the Texas Rangers in the 2011 draft, the Mid-Carolina High School (SC) product was a long shot to reach Double-A. Instead, Edwards became the centerpiece of a prospect package which landed the Rangers Matt Garza. His slender build (6-foot-2, 155 Ibs.) screams reliever unable to withstand the rigors of starting pitching. Yet, Edwards is a consensus top-100 prospect and the Cubs top pitching prospect. Can CJ Edwards overcome an injury plagued 2014 and reach Chicago in 2015?
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?