The Boston Red Sox are on the periphery of a David Price trade, but have the good to enter the running. Marred in last place six games below .500, the Red Sox do not appear to be a logical destination for the Tampa Bay Rays’ ace hurler. Throw in the ongoing feud between the left hander and David Ortiz and a match seems ridiculous. However, the 2013 World Champions are in retool mode. Feuds diminish when championships are at stake. It’s exciting to envision a Jon Lester-Price one-two punch in the Sox’ rotation if able to retain Lester’s services. If not, the Red Sox system is a strong example of what the Rays need to acquire.
Will a David Price trade happen? It’s the million dollar question right now in MLB with no rumor greater than a deal to the Mariners for a package including Taijuan Walker and D.J. Peterson. On the surface, Seattle has the pieces to empty the cupboard and make a deal happen. However, does it make sense for the Rays to pursue a David Price trade with a team whose best trade chip is a pitcher considering their ability to develop and acquire young pitching?
Rays ace David Price is having a career year. A 6-7 record masks how dominant the left-hander has been, but a 2.55 xFIP and 10.29 K/BB ratio tells the story. With his value peaking and free agency looming after the 2015 season, it’s time for Tampa Bay to explore a David Price trade. St. Louis is rumored as a frontrunner for the soon-to-be All-Star and pairing him with Adam Wainwright would form a knock out pairing capable of carrying a terrible hitting Cardinals team through to the World Series. But can a trade happen without including top-3 prospect Oscar Taveras [SCOUTING REPORT]?
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?