Few pitchers entered October with as much momentum as Kevin Gausman. In each month this season, the lanky right-hander’s strikeouts increased while walks decreased. On the second half WAR leaderboard, Gausman was sandwiched by Stephen Strasburg and Felix Hernandez. After going fourth overall in 2012, the Orioles’ top prospect entering the season has advanced to Baltimore’s big-league rotation ahead of schedule and will be a mainstay for the AL East champions. But while the O’s have a young starter for years to come, fantasy owners need to determine whether or not Gausman will continue to develop into an elite starting pitcher.
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?