Triple digit velocity is rare. In six seasons at the ballpark, only one pitcher has hit triple digits. Not a household name, former Dodgers and Braves farmhand Luis Vasquez’s top fastballstouched 100 mph several times as a member of the Chattanooga Lookouts in 2012. An elite, 80 grade fastball is clocked at 97 MPH or higher. And while the Aroldis Chapman’s of the world make velocity look easy, few pitchers are able to push triple digits with top fastballs.
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?