YOUscout Hitter Report
Millions of baseball fans attend college, high school, MLB and MILB games every year. Of those, many thousands want to develop an understanding of basic scouting principles. At ROTOscouting, we believe every baseball fan has the ability to contribute to the discussion via YOUscout.
– Are you able to sit behind home-plate and write down radar gun readings?
– Do you have a stopwatch and the ability to track home-to-first times?
– Can you count the number of batting practice home runs a player hits?
In reality, very few prospect writers started as scouts working for professional teams. Each cut his/her teeth somewhere. We’d love for you to do it through YOUscout while learning with, and from other diehard baseball fans. And if you don’t feel comfortable completing the entire form, no worries. Every piece of information has value.
Throughout the season, you’ll also be able to track mid-level prospects Tory Hernandez, Mike Newman, Jeff Reese, Chris Blessing and others have seen who aren’t quite good enough to warrant a full report, so remember to check back often.
For a YOUscout primer, be sure to review the “Scouting FAQ” at baseballexaminer.com.
26 Jan 2014 / Mike Newman /
1-On-1 ROTO Strategy Session
The Best Of RS
- Can Alex "Chi-Chi" Gonzalez Crack the Texas Rangers Opening Day Rotation?
- Fantasy Baseball Trade Deadline 101: A Former MLB GM’s Take
- Felix Hernandez and Solo Home Run Situations: A Blueprint For Longevity
- JR Graham: Is He Still An MLB Arm For The Atlanta Braves?
- Mason Williams: Is It Time To Label Him A Bust For The Yankees?
- Mike Newman's Top-50 Fantasy Baseball Prospects Scouted in 2014
- Nick Kingham Scouting Report (2014)
- Rangers Joey Gallo, Marlins Giancarlo Stanton And Strikeouts
- The ROTOscouting Baseball Podcast
- Top-10 Fantasy Baseball Prospects By Team
- Will Mike Moustakas Finally Put It Together Next Season?